Rue de l'Eglise
Phone : 04 50 75 04 26
The atmosphere of the Franc Quarter—the oldest neighbourhood in the city, protected behind the rampart walls—is palpable through the narrow, winding streets surrounding the Notre-Dame de l'Assomption Church.
Economic activity flourished here thanks to the franchises granted to the city by the Dukes of Savoy. The oldest charter found was granted by Count Peter II in May 1265. The Sovereign's monetary workshop was located in the nearby Rue de la Monnaie. This house still has the windows with stone frames. An ogee-style arch topped with an escutcheon faces the entrance to a courtyard.
At the corner of the Place de l'Eglise, a plaque indicates the location of the birthplace of General Dupas, hero of the Napoleonic wars, whose memorial is located on the quays.
All year round, daily.