Phone : 04 50 75 04 26
Intended to replace the Buvette Cachat, which has become unsuitable, this building is located by the Société des eaux minérales in the parc of the former Grand Hôtel d'Evian, which was destroyed after the Second World War.
From the collaboration between the architect Maurice Novarina, from Thonon, and the engineer Jean Prouvé, a large glass hall was created in 1957 with a framework made up of 12 steel crutches. The inverted pitched roof is covered with aluminium. The interior design respects the codes of the genre: refreshment bar, rest area and music room are separated by slate and mosaic screen walls. A historical monument, the Buvette is complemented to the east by a crenotherapy centre (spa) opened in 1984. The entire building is the current location of the Evian thermal baths.
Services & Equipment
- Not open to the public