On the ground floor, on Rue Nationale, a sales information area allows to understand the great history of natural mineral water evian. On the avenue des Sources side, the renovation of the building allowed the opening of the covered enclosure in the summer of 2023.
It is on the site of the Sainte-Catherine de la Touvière church, demolished at the end of the 18th century, that a bathing establishment was built in 1826 using water from the Cachat spring. It is modified several times to adapt it to the growing number of people taking the waters and to the evolution of care. In 1905, the Société des eaux minérales (Mineral Water Company) replaced it with this refreshment bar, the centre of the resort's social life. Designed by the architect Albert Hébrard, it is a masterpiece of Art Nouveau, all curves and counter-curves, whose monumental entrance overlooks the Rue Nationale. The roof structure of the large hall, decorated with stained-glass windows with floral motifs and covered with glazed tiles, is listed as a Historic Monument. It houses a graceful statue by the sculptor Charles Beylard, "Apotheosis of the Cachat spring", a recent copy of which is in front of the spring.
Services & Equipment
- Not open to the public
"evian exhibition" is open from 25/05 to 17/09/2023, daily. Closed on Monday in June and September.
The dome of the buvette is open until the 28th of August 2023 every afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm.
Free of charge.
Evian les Bains
Located in the north of Haute-Savoie, with the dramatic Alps on one side and the gentle waters of Lake Geneva on the other, the elegant town of Evian is world-renowned.