Rue de l'Eglise
Phone : 04 50 75 04 26
The atmosphere of the Franc Quarter—the oldest neighbourhood in the city, protected behind the rampart walls—is palpable through the narrow, winding streets surrounding the Notre-Dame de l'Assomption Church.
Economic activity flourished here thanks to the franchises granted to the city by the Dukes of Savoy. The oldest charter found was granted by Duke Peter II in May 1265. The sovereigns' mint was located in the nearby Rue de la Monnaie. This house still has the windows with ogee-stone frames. An ogee-style arch topped with an escutcheon faces the entrance to a courtyard.
All year round, daily.