Phone : 04 50 75 04 26
Designed to replace the ill-suited Buvette Cachat, this building was built by the mineral water company in the park where the old Evian Grand Hotel used to be before it was demolished after WWII.
Architect Maurice Novarina, from Thonon, and engineer Jean Prouvé built an impressive glass room in 1957. The frame is comprised of 12 steel props, and the roof has an inverted incline and is covered with aluminium. The interior design follows the genre's code: bathhouse, resting area, music room are all separated by slated screens with mosaics. The bathhouse is listed as a historical monument, and a crenotherapy treatment centre opened in 1984 in the East Wing. The entire building is the current location of the Evian thermal baths.
Services & Equipment
- Not open to the public