This building, now a private residence, is linked to several important moments in the history of the twentieth century.
Between 1907 and 1926, a company from Lyon created a vast spa and hotel complex around the mineral waters of the Châtelet spring. During the First World War, it was converted into a hospital run by the American Red Cross and took in sick children repatriated from the departments of northern and eastern France then occupied by Germany. Lastly, the Hotel du Parc hosted the two of the negotiation conferences to resolve the Algerian conflict, in May/June 1961 and March 1962. On March 18, 1962, they led to the signing of the Evian agreements.
Services & Equipment
- Not open to the public