An interactive and fun space dedicated to evian mineral water is accessible on the ground floor from the rue Nationale.
In 1826, a bathhouse using the water from the Cachat Spring was built. It is located where the Sainte-Catherine de la Touvière Church used to be located, before it was demolished at the end of the 18th century. It was modified several times to adapt to the growing number of patrons and the development in services. In 1905, the mineral water company replaced it with this building and it became the place to be. Designed by architect Albert Hébrard, it is a masterpiece of Art Nouveau with curves and counter-curves, and a monumental entrance on the Rue Nationale. The grand hall framework, with floral stained glass windows and glazed tiles,is listed as a historical monument. Standing in front of the spring is a copy of the graceful statue by the sculptor Charles Beylard called Apothéose de la source Cachat.
Services & Equipment
- Not open to the public
From 07/06 to 20/09/2020, daily.
Free of charge.
Evian les Bains
Located in the north of Haute-Savoie, with the dramatic Alps on one side and the gentle waters of Lake Geneva on the other, the elegant town of Evian is world-renowned.