Château de Fonbonne and Herbularius
Phone : 04 50 75 04 26
A fortified manor house stood on this location during the 14th century. It defended the new La Touvière Quarter located outside the city walls.
It was bought in 1559 by Thomas Jacquerod who bequeathed it to his noble descendants, the Loys of Bonnevaux. The Fonbonne name appeared at a later time. At the end of the 18th century, a rich Englishman, William Beckford, stayed at the castle and held memorable parties in Evian. Transformed into a hotel around 1860, the building underwent several renovations. The city of Evian bought the old dining room in 1999 and made it into a temporary exhibition room. Recently, they created a medieval herb garden with a gazebo.
All year round, daily.